Sunday, October 23, 2011

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

As you can guess from my serious lack of posts, I have been avoiding talking about how things are going in my classroom. They aren't. Going. Well, not anywhere positive at the moment. But I can't quit, it's not really an option. I have bills to pay and a body to feed. And though sometimes I think that I could just give up on teaching for now and put my biology degree to use, I watch videos on education or visit other educators' blogs and it reminds me that this is important. And that, though my situation is certainly far from ideal, this is a necessary obstacle to being able to make choices that are not only good for my students, but good for myself, too. At the end of the school year, I will have my certification, but I will not be putting it to use in Prince George's County.

The only way is up!

1 comment:

  1. Hope things get better for you soon! Your blog has been such a blessing - especially for a first-year teacher like me. Thanks much! :)

    ReplyDelete