Thursday, August 16, 2012

This Blog is About to Get Interesting.

I am very excited to announce that I have accepted a high school biology position in Montgomery County Public Schools for the 2012-2013 school year. Though I have been teaching mathematics for the past two years, my favorite subject in school has always been science and now I get to talk about how crazy it is that things we can't even see manage our very existence. What is even more crazy is that my new school is a mere ten miles away from my old school, but I expect the experience to be very different. No matter what is to come, I hope that I am able to learn and grow as a teacher (and person) from my interactions from my colleagues and students. I hope that I do not forget what I have learned from Prince George's County or why education reform and equity is of utmost importance. I know I won't forget the students I had the opportunity to work with and I wish them happy and fulfilling lives. Finally, I also hope that I can work towards becoming the type of teacher that inspires and influences students to work hard, be nice, think!, and rise above it.

I imagine that the content of this blog will be changing, but look forward to sharing all the crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment